This campaign is now complete. We will update patients when the 2018 campaign is due to commence.
Are you eligible for a free NHS flu vaccination?
If you fall into one of the below categories then yes, please arrange an appointment if you would like your flu vaccination.
Please note that if you already have/will have an appointment to see another health professional at the Surgery during flu season that you will not have to make a separate appointment to receive your flu vaccination.
- are 65 years of age or over
- are pregnant (any stage of pregnancy)
- have certain long term medical conditions (see below)
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
Long term medical conditions:
- chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma (which requires an inhaled or tablet steroid treatment, or has led to hospital admission in the past), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease or multiple sclerosis (MS)
- problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medication such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- being seriously overweight (BMI of 40 or above)
Children - The flu vaccine is free on the NHS for:
- children over the age of six months with a long-term health condition
- children aged two and three on 31 August 2017 – that is, born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2015
- children in reception class and school years one, two, three and four
Children aged between six months and two years who are eligible for the flu vaccine should have the flu jab.
Children aged between two and 17 who are eligible for the flu vaccine will usually have the flu vaccine NASAL SPRAY.
BOOK YOURS TODAY!